shoo!

this morning at home, i spent a great deal of time chasing this fly that had magically appeared, and was leisurely cruising low and resting once in a while on the floor. it wasn't the 'aggressive' type...wasn't technically bothering me or anything. but in my past life, i may have been a professional insect exterminator who dearly loved and took pride in my work.

i gave my chasing a rest when i was already drying my hair...but then the fly probably had a death wish for it kept intruding my personal space. nooooo waaaaay...you don't know me, mister (or miss). it is my mission to kill things like you. i have mastered the skill of hand- clench-catching a mosquito and would risk my own life inhaling poison by following a cockroach with sprays of insecticide.

i...vina...*grabs my slipper*annihilate things like you with passion.
*smaaaaack!* there goes my slipper on the floor.

just like that, the fly met its bloody end. it died an instant death and did not feel any pain (it's a different story for roaches...i prefer that they suffer).

and to set me apart from other so-called professional insect exterminators, i lovingly cleaned up the mess - with tissue and all-purpose cleaner/disinfectant.

now, if only i can do the same thing to the wonderful, adorable, loveable drivers and pedestrians of manila.


P.S. HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE! :P

posted by vina @ 11:14 AM           

20 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, March 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha that's a very typical story. Poor 'bangaw', and so if given another life, I would not like to become a fly.

Baka galing sa CR nyo yan. Jokes. As for croaches, I LIKE TO SEE THEM DIE UNDER MY SLIPPERS!

Hapi-wik-end.

 
At 3:07 PM, March 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I just say, croaches? *SMACCCCK*

 
At 3:34 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger Sebastiane said...

Hehehe.

I hate flies and cockroaches too! We ought to exterminate 'em ... The process of annihilation begins!

;p

 
At 4:08 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger vina said...

K> *SPLAT!*

KYELS> let us unite! :P

 
At 8:56 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger Sidney said...

V The Terminator !
Poor little bugs...

 
At 9:47 PM, March 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh oh, I smell the sweet scent of... road rage.

Have a great weekend, Vins. And say Hi to Monica for me, ya?

 
At 2:33 AM, March 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate insects! That's one reason I like winter since you can never find insects roaming around or they will freeze!

 
At 10:45 AM, March 10, 2007, Blogger HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

honda civic...honda civic...stay away quick! i dont wanna end up like the "bangaw"

happy weekend!

 
At 12:08 PM, March 10, 2007, Blogger Abaniko said...

Poor fly. He's in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong slipper.

 
At 6:57 PM, March 10, 2007, Blogger vina said...

SIDNEY> i hope they don't attack me while i'm sleeping! :P

SNGLGUY> Monica's mine! hehe

CHASE> somehow, i am imagining them with thick coats :P

 
At 6:58 PM, March 10, 2007, Blogger vina said...

HIPNCOOL> *steps on the gas pedal*

NIKO> alas, he realized it too late :P

 
At 2:45 PM, March 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, maganda pag tractisan ang mga lamok, langaw at ipis! hahaha.

 
At 7:21 PM, March 13, 2007, Blogger houseband00 said...

What's the last thing that went through the fly's mind as it slammed into the windshield?

=)

 
At 10:51 PM, March 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

para pala sa mga drivers and pedestrians,LOL!

i can relate so well :)

 
At 3:40 AM, March 14, 2007, Blogger dreaming-neko said...

smack that? :P

 
At 10:10 AM, March 14, 2007, Blogger Richard said...

I am curious. Last year, a Singaporean blogger told how she had killed a lizard in her house. Do you get lizards in the Philippines?

 
At 1:13 PM, March 14, 2007, Blogger tin-tin said...

hahaha. OC ever talaga. but vina, i should live near you.. para in case may ipis sa house, i'll just call you. hehehe ;p

 
At 1:52 PM, March 14, 2007, Blogger Gayzha said...

i can imagine !!!

 
At 6:37 PM, March 14, 2007, Blogger vina said...

ISKOO> yehesss...in preparation for bigger things :P

HOUSEBAND> aah...goodbye my lover ala james blunt? :P

GHEE> yeah, but only in my wicked dreams :P

 
At 6:46 PM, March 14, 2007, Blogger vina said...

NEKO> smack this! :P

RICHARD> to satisfy your curiosity, yes :)

i remember when i was younger, i i liked chasing after them to cut their tails off with a ruler, and watching with awe as the tails continue to wag...those lizards are lucky i got over that, hehe.

TIN> you don't even have to call me! i'm sure i'll hear your shrieks! :)

JASE> haha, vivid ba?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home