friday morning delight

it was a fine morning as i drove to work today. not too sunny and hot - just perfect to have the window down.

i was first in line as the traffic light along taft/agoncillo turned red. with my hall and oats essentials cd playing track 7 (my favorite 'one on one'), two caucasian males crossed just right in front of the car, and i followed them with my gaze, from right to left. one of them was cute...yummily lean in those shirt, shorts and flip-flops...

and then, when they reached the pavement, cute guy slightly turned and looked straight at me, catching me looking at him.

and he smiled. at me.

and i froze.

and i felt my cheeks turn red.

and just when i started curving my lips into what i hoped would be a nice smile, i heard honks. lots of freaking, goddamn honks. and to think the light just turned green. i think, i think.

cute guy and i, we had a moment. a one-minute or less-than-a-minute moment, but still a moment, dammit. and i had to say goodbye to that moment as i sped away.

and i never let any of those f*ckers behind me overtake tyler.


moral of the story: erm...don't peel my eyes off the traffic light till it turns green?

posted by vina @ 12:13 PM           

15 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, November 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the vina that we all love
no, let me rephrase that
we love you any way you come
but I like this break in the clouds
I see the sun shining
It had been absent for some time
you are the sunshine of my life
what am I saying
I don't like the rain
pouring into your life
someone said:
forsan et haec olim meminisce iuvabit
what does that mean
I don't know. something like
someday these things would be a pleasure to recall
vina is back
let the games begin
it's your serve
my serve?
it's game, set and match, man
vina is back

OATS

 
At 5:09 AM, November 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep your eyes on the road
stop driving on the sidewalk
turn that music down
no dancing in the car

don't...give me that finger

vina's driving instructor

 
At 7:06 AM, November 25, 2006, Blogger Ers said...

perfect moment to end your week. ;))

have fun!

 
At 8:15 AM, November 25, 2006, Blogger Sebastiane said...

Damn, Ate Vina. You should have stayed so you could smile at the cute guy!

I am teaching you to violate the road rules by not moving when the light's green ... Nyahaha!

Have a great weekend ... (:

 
At 3:55 PM, November 25, 2006, Blogger c o n s u e l a said...

do what I do...pissed the person behind you who's honking by not moving until it turns yellow, then only then I step on the gas and speed forward before the light turns red ;)

happy weekend!!

 
At 7:19 PM, November 25, 2006, Blogger duke said...

:)

you sure they were not gay? just kidding ;)

 
At 8:09 PM, November 25, 2006, Blogger Iskoo said...

kakakilig naman yang kwento mo, hmmm, next time makakita ako ng cute na babae nasa wheels, makikipag titigan din ako, hehe. feeling pogi ba?

 
At 12:15 PM, November 27, 2006, Blogger vina said...

NEKO> thanks, my man :P

BH as OATS> yay! i'm almost back, and yay! YOU'RE back, and how! cover's blown...well, almost :P

BH as my DRIVING INSTRUCTOR> man, no dancing in the car????

 
At 12:20 PM, November 27, 2006, Blogger vina said...

PRINCESS/ERA> weeeell, it'll do :)

KYELS> haha, i do that, dear. and some other violations, too...but not when i'm in a hurry to go to work :P

CONSUELA> oh, i did just that yesterday! it was fun! :P

 
At 12:23 PM, November 27, 2006, Blogger vina said...

CHAS> hehe, i'm too shy for that *blush blush*

DUKE> aaaw, you burst my bubble!:P

ISKOO> ...and be ready with that smile! :)

 
At 5:53 PM, November 27, 2006, Blogger tin-tin said...

moral of the story? learn to smile quickly. hahaha :)

 
At 8:06 PM, November 27, 2006, Blogger vina said...

TIN> i'm shy eh :P

 
At 3:37 PM, November 29, 2006, Blogger tin-tin said...

vina? shy? :)

 
At 9:38 PM, November 29, 2006, Blogger Sidney said...

Wow! Long time no see. I read in your blog that a lot of things happened. Well, that is life, isn't it?

But in today's post I see that you are on the road of recovery ! :-)

Too bad... the Caucasian guy could have been me ! ;-)
But then... I don't wear shorts, flip-flops and I am not yummily lean anymore... :-(

 
At 3:10 PM, November 30, 2006, Blogger vina said...

TIN> on stuff like that, naks! :P

SIDNEY> hehe, yes, i am still on the road to recovery. this is my painkiller :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home