introductory driving

*gulp* i'm taking up driving lessons next week. it's something i have been postponing - for years. i felt i lacked my motivational factor - i had my pops while i was in bacolod and i have ricky here, plus, there's the (sometimes) reliable cab. but boy, oh boy, do i have my motivational factor now! starting june, it will be just me and my car. me and the rest of the effing reckless, spineless drivers of manila.

so, as a prelude to the main course next week, i got myself a yummy appetizer (or is it dessert?) just this black saturday.

what better way to pique my drive to drive, but to drive! haha, i went go-kart racing! and i did it! i did it, i did it, I DID IT! i grabbed Hesitation by its neck, looked it in the eye, hurled it away, and ran it over - over and over again - there at the Kart Track in Boomtown, CCP Complex.

i was with ricky (my future ex-boyfriend), debbie (my sister) and april (debbie's best friend and my extended sister). we went there around 6 pm to avoid the scorching sun, and we had the track all to ourselves! the staff was very accommodating and patient, what with our time-consuming picture-taking sessions. needless to say, we all had a grand time - all 12 minutes of it(ooookay, maybe a little more) on the track, and some more off it.


oh, if it were any indication, i hardly used the brake the entire time.


(rates for 12 minute-session: P250.00 for 1-seater and P200.oo for 2-seater, but thanks to Mr. JT, we had ours free!)

posted by vina @ 10:41 AM           

5 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, April 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ei, hindi ka pala nag da drive?? Goodluck, am sure you'll muster enough courage to do it. About Ricky, does he know he's your future ex already? haha. Nagtaka lang ako. He must be one crazy guy to let you go - Ajay

 
At 7:08 PM, April 19, 2006, Blogger vina said...

opooo, hindi pa po ako marunooong. i'm just plain lazy when it comes to that. with regards to ricky, he really will be my ex-boyfriend soon! like, starting next year, hopefully...hehe, change of status to *ehem* husband...

 
At 12:23 AM, April 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha. you got me there. engaged ka na pala! i think you shouldn't stop calling or treating your man as a "boyfriend" even if he's already your husband...keeps the excitement going;) - ajay

 
At 11:11 AM, April 24, 2006, Blogger vina said...

aj, if continually treating him as a boyfriend even when married means "what's mine is mine, what's his is still mine", then yes, i wouldn't stop calling or treating him as my boyfriend.

hehe, thanks aj.

 
At 3:24 PM, August 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, im wondering if u still have a contact number for that Kart Track. I am helping our HR/Admin offficer to plan a ofice event for employees. I am also intrigued if you could refer that 'Mr. JT'.. hehehee so we can arrange for maybe some discounts. Thanks.
Also,pls visit my blog regularly and dont forget to leave ya comments, thanks

Ciao
juno

 

Post a Comment

<< Home