thank you manila

i welcomed manila with open arms. maybe it helped that i was already mature enough to be independent, and for my parents to allow me to be one. before manila, i was based in mactan. thankfully, i did not stay long there. otherwise, i would have been bored to death and maybe ballooned to 3x my original size. not that i did not like the place, (nor the food!) but it was not my home. it was not bacolod, unforgiving it may be sometimes.

but manila....manila, of course is different.

i came to manila, bruised and scarred, wiser and stronger. but manila did not cast her judging eyes on me. instead, she allowed me to pick up the pieces of my life, and start with a clean slate. everyone is entitled to start with one, no matter how checkered his/her past may have been.

posted by vina @ 7:42 PM           

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home